Integrative Medicine Services
At Orlando Health research-supported complementary approaches to symptom and distress management are available to patients who would like to try them or who have already benefitted from them in the past. These approaches are generally not reimbursable by insurance. For a full listing of currently available approaches and prices please call the Department of Integrative Medicine at 321.841.5056.
- Acupuncture is a technique in which practitioners stimulate specific points on the body – most often by inserting thin needles through the skin.
- Oncology Massage therapy includes many different techniques in which practitioners manually manipulate the soft tissues of the body.
- Most meditation techniques, such as mindfulness meditation or transcendental meditation, involve ways in which a person learns to focus attention.
- Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, guided imagery, and progressive muscle relaxation, are designed to produce the body's natural relaxation response.
- Tai chi and qi gong are practices from traditional Chinese medicine that combine specific movements or postures, coordinated breathing, and mental focus.
- The various styles of yoga used for health purposes typically combine physical postures or movement, breathing techniques, and meditation.
- Other examples of mind and body practices include healing touch and hypnotherapy.